Facility is very close to Market: Kitakyushu city starts experimental combustion of radioactive contaminated garbage
I went to the Hiagari Incineration Facility yesterday evening. It is one of the two facilities that Kitakyushu city tries experimental combustion of radioactive contaminated garbage. Another one is the Shinmoji Incineration Facility.
I went there to take photo to show how the facility is close to the Kitakyushu City Central Wholesale Market which deals with vegetables and fisheries.
As shown in upper image, this Incineration Facility is just beside Market. The distance between facility chimney and market sign is only about 1000 ft (305 m). I think it is very close.
Protest Kitakyushu city and Stop diffusion of radioactive garbage
LINK: Google map of the "Hiagari Incineration Facility":
北九州市役所 環境局日明環境センター日明工場 - Google マップ
LINK: Google map of the "Shinmoji Incineration Facility":
北九州市役所 環境局新門司環境センター新門司工場 - Google マップ
Update 08:46, 20th May, 2012:
Fix wrong caption of image and replace one file.
- Japanese Gov is secretly trying to move Fukushima radioactive soil to southern part of Japan (鹿児島県南大隅町：「唯一にして最大の最終処分場候補地」）(2012.08.24)
- Tokyo tries to burn chromium and arsenic（細野環境相は北九州市でクロムもヒ素も燃やす気か？）(2012.07.05)
- Beginning of nightmare - Kitakyushu city decided to accept radioactive garbage（北九州市：悪夢の始まり）(2012.06.24)
- Facility is very close to Market: Kitakyushu city starts experimental combustion of radioactive contaminated garbage(2012.05.20)
- Mayor of Kitakyushu is postponing decision of radioactive garbage（北橋市長：がれき受け入れ判断は先送り／2012年3月19日・北九州市議会予算委員会）(2012.03.19)